General Discussion

A questionable butterfly


Diane Mondeo
Devon leisure
Julias Sachin
02 Dec 2017 16:11

Notice of Casual Vacancy

From 30 Nov 2017 to 20 Dec 2017

Notice of Casual Vacancy for the Parish of Dawlish (Central Ward)


contact the town council for more details. If there are no candidates by on or before 20th December then the town council will be allowed to co-opt. 


Parish and Town Council vacancies

If a seat becomes vacant on a Parish or Town Council, the Clerk is required to give public notice of it. To call an election, 10 or more electors for the electoral area need to make a request, in writing, and within 14 working days of the date of the notice. The request or requests must be sent to the Proper Officer of the District Council. If enough requests are received the Returning Officer will set the date of the election which must be within 60 days of the date of the notice of vacancy. If enough requests have not been received by the due date, the Town or Parish Council is allowed to make their own arrangements to fill the vacancy by co-option.

12 Dec 2017 20:00

If you live in Central Ward (which is roughly from Marine Garage area inwards towards the town - but if in doubt check!) and you would like there to be an election (as opposed to to the town council making a co-option) then you must let the electoral officer at Teignbridge know of your wish before 20th December.

You must live in Central Ward for your request to be valid.


1 Agree
Comment Please sign in or sign up to post